Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunset Kitties and Cool Cats

My day's labors included finishing up a couple more tops for Dr. Kaufman - Sue Glass from the about.com forum sent me these fossil fern kitties that she had swapped, and I was able to make two tops from what she sent. There are 3 extra kitties, which I've sewn together in a row, from which I'll construct some sort of scrappy top. I have some ideas already and am planning to get together with Judy Hamilton next weekend to work on some orphan block quilt tops, so the 3 kitties will be a good project. I thought I had 4 extra kitties, but somewhere between the cutting table in the dining room and the sewing machine in the guest bedroom, one of those kitties took a hike! Of course, I could have miscounted, but I'm putting bets on the kitty being in hiding! I picked up the border fabric for the cool cats below at Quiltz this afternoon - under the umbrella, their bargain table. The fabric is so NOT me - kind of retro looking (to me at least) and not the sort of thing I generally like. But it did pull a lot of the colors in the cats in that particular top and it was only $3.99/yd., so it is what it is. Some little girl who loves pink & purple will no doubt think it's just fine.

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Suze said...

very cute Pat..
I want the Sunset Kitties!!

6:30 PM  
Blogger SandyQuilts said...

Nice job Pat ... love the color waves.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Misha said...

Wow, those turned out fantastic! I like them both but the purple one speaks to me the loudest, LOL. I even think that border fabric is cool!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home