Monday, October 26, 2009

More quilts for Dr. Kaufman


The last time Hilda dropped off quilts to Dr. Kaufman, she was down to one quilt - and had something like 10-12 kids newly diagnosed with diabetes in the last week? Few weeks? A very short time anyway. Hilda says that we can't possibly keep up with all the kids that are diagnosed, but it always gives me renewed drive to try. A friend sent me extra bow tie blocks that she had swapped, and I was able to put together this little top. With scrappy, traditional blocks like this, I frequently like to just sew the blocks together, quilt and bind, with no borders. The top is on its way to Hilda to quilt, so she gets to make the final decision on borders.

The bottom quilt is leftover fabric from a quilt top I pieced for my niece Jessica's boyfriend's 4 year old son. When I bought the fabric I had no idea what I was going to do, so I'll be able to get the quilt for Ethan, plus two 9-patch pizzazz quilts and a scrappy something from the leftover fabrics for Dr. Kaufman.

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home