Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Plant Nannies!

While my friend Iris was here visiting from Illinois, we bought new succulents for my porch and did some planting. Took all the old soil and plants out of the window boxes (there are 2) and completely replanted them, and put the overflow plants into some pots. We made a trip to Southwest Gardener to poke around and I found some plant nannies - which I hope will help these poor plants to thrive, as I am not the most proficient gardener. They are a terracotta cone that fits down into the soil with a plastic insert that you screw to a bottle filled with water. I had to buy some Perrier bottles to use cause they're cuter than just plain old plastic bottles - okay, I admit it, I dumped the Perrier cause I don't like it. Bad, I know, but I was desperate!
Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

Great window boxe. Beuaitful sky in the top photo, too.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home