Sunday, November 09, 2008

To border or not to border. . .

that is the question?! The AZ Retreat hostesses had a planning meeting and sleepover this weekend at Chris' house. Her husband was out of town, so we descended for lots of sewing, chatting, planning, EATING and fun. This is my first Nine Patch Pizzazz top - a donation-to-be to Dr. Kaufman to give to a kid newly diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. The children range in age from very young up through teenagers. I tried to work largely with scraps from the Bear Tracks quilt I just finished recently, but many of the pieces of fabric weren't really large enough to be really useful. Chris let me dig through her scrap pile as well, and I was able to finish out the top. Now I need to decide whether to add borders to it, or just quilt and bind? If I had a black background fabric with a brownish bamboo design, I think I'd know what I wanted to do - narrow black border around, then that print. Since I don't, I'll have to think about it awhile and see what I can find, either in my stash or available locally. I have a lot more panels that I want to make into Pizzazz quilts - this at least gets me started thinking in that direction!

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Hi Pat, thanks for visiting my blog! You were the first to comment so you win the scraps. Email me (colorfulartgirl@hotmail.com) your snail mail address and I'll send them off this week. I'll raffle off the second bag to one person among whoever comments before next Fri night. I love your fabrics in the cat quilt, and that Bear Paw quilt is HUGE!!!! Congratulations on finishing it, what an amazing accomplishment!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home