Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rob & Jenny's Quilt

My friends Rob and Jenny got married in July '07 and completed a new home in Santa Fe - again in July '07. I'm a bit late on delivery of this gift - I met Rob for wine and conversation last night and passed the gift to him - 10/22/08. Emily Post would probably say I'm at least 4 months late on the gift - I think she gives you a year after the event(s)?! We had a minor problem during the quilting of the quilt - while moving the pantograph and repositioning the machine, a small hole was torn in the quilt - approximately a 1/4" slit. Always a good way to force you to come up with a creative fix anyway - I decided that appliqueing some leaves to the top - and one to the bottom to cover the flaw on the back of the quilt - was the most attractive way to deal with the issue. Unfortunately applique is not my strong suit - and hand applique even less so. My friend Caren, who loves to applique offered to hand applique the leaves for me and she did a beautiful job. Her needle turn is beautiful - and I was afraid trying to learn needle turn myself on an important gift wouldn't do it a world of good. So, I'm most appreciative of her efforts in that regard - I owe her one! (I hope it isn't applique-related when my turn to payback comes up!!)

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

Okay, I confess, I did it, I did, I made the hole in the quilt. I'm glad it led to such a nice fix though. I should be beholding to Caren as well! The quilt came out beautiful.
Hilda

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home