
I spent Memorial weekend in New Mexico with Hilda and Dale. These are the two quilts that we quilted and finished during the weekend. The first is from blocks I swapped on the about.com quilting forum - I did several rounds of the black and fossil fern star swap and this is a full-size top I made from some of the trades. I have already given one of my nieces a queen-size top made from others of the blocks from these swaps and have enough blocks left to make two more tops I think. Can you tell I love this combination? Anyway, my boss is on the National Board of Directors for Friends of the Orphans and this is a donation to their fundraiser auction which will be held this fall.

These kitties are from another swap on the about.com forum - I participated in it myself a number of times and have made numerous kitty quilts, but Sue Glass sent me these purple kitties that she got in the swaps. We will give this quilt to Hilda's youngest daughter Lindsay's endocrinologist to give to a child who is newly diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. I found another quilt top in my stash that was already to go - batting and backing chosen - so we loaded that onto the longarm for Hilda to quilt after I was gone, plus I got borders on 3 other tops that I had in nearly the final stages of completion so Hilda can get them quilted. She should have quite a pile of quilts to take to Dr. Kaufman when she goes with Lindsay to her next appt. mid-June, as she already had 3 quilts ready to deliver and one that only needed binding when I got there.
Pat H/SWquilter
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home