Monday, November 26, 2007

And more quilts for Dr. K.

And here are the other 4 quilts - we completely finished these 4 quilts and I believe Hilda will be delivering them to Dr. Kaufman today when she goes to Albuquerque for physical therapy on her knee. We got three of the quilts in my previous post quilted yesterday and the fourth one loaded onto her longarm before I left - we used one long continuous piece of backing and were pretty smug that we managed to load the last four close enough together to get them all onto that one piece of backing. It was a tight fit. We had a really good time working on all these quilts and our talents mesh well. I love to piece - blocks and tops, so I had a collection of blocks for us to work with. Hilda does the nicest machine binding I've seen and gets the quilts bound more quickly than I would ever be able to do - because I'm not satisfied with my machine binding, I stitch it to the front by machine and still stitch the back down by hand on all my bindings - which makes the process much slower. Anyway, a very productive weekend, but now I have to figure out some more blocks for our next quilt-making get-together!

Pat/SWquilter

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

Hi Pat,
Really cute quilts. You two have been busy!
Sheri

4:57 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Love the quilts. My favorites are the first and last pictures....so cute!

8:03 AM  
Blogger ajohanneso07 said...

I really love this cat pattern. Is there somewhere online that I could find it? It would be PERFECT for my cousin whose birthday is this month!! These are so cute!!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home