
Last night I took the opportunity to register my first two donation quilts for the Priority Alzheimers Quilt Project. I've been having some computer problems so when I had the chance, and before the computer froze on me again, I filled out the registration forms and submitted them. When I got home from work this evening, the registration numbers were already in my inbox. I thought it might take them several days to get them registered and numbers assigned. So tonight I scurried around and got the labels sewn on them and put the numbers on the quilts so I can mail them tomorrow. These quilts are donated in memory of my friend Rob Kimball's mom and dad, Pearl and Irving Kimball - she had Alzheimer's and passed away in 2005, and he was her caregiver until his death in 2003. I'm fortunate that no one in my own family has been touched by this disease, and it was an honor to be able to donate the quilts in memory of Rob's parents. While I was registering the quilts, I decided to go ahead

and sign up for the $1,000 Promise - a pledge to try to earn at least $1,000 toward Alzheimer's research during the course of this project. I think I have until the summer of 2009 to meet my goal - guess I'd better get busy designing some additional quilts though?!
Pat H/SWquilter
1 Comments:
I can't say it enough. Your quilts are awesome! Who knows, maybe these two will go a long way towards your $1000 goal.
Hilda
Post a Comment
<< Home