
I received Kim's "Under the Sea" row robin in today's mail from Nancy. We're getting to the point that there are too many rows to fit onto my little portable design wall at one time, so I had to take two pictures. I just changed the top row in the two pictures so I could post pictures of all of the rows. This is really a pretty one so far. I sure do love that paper-pieced sun and the birds flying in the air around the lighthouse and sailboat - I think this must be Patty's row? I'm not completely sure what I will do yet, except that I plan to machine applique the mermaid from the panel in the Laurel Burch line of fabrics as part of my row. I pulled out fabrics that I've collected tonight to start getting an idea and will probably go through some of my batiks as well, looking for things that remind me of water.
This swap has been such a wonderful learning experience - and it seems like with each row robin that arrives at my house, I come up with another idea of what I want to use as a theme on the next one I participate in. I'm scheduled to do another after the first of the year, so I'm hoping to come up with a really great theme by then. After reviewing the extent of my collection of batiks, I've decided that my theme is going to incorporate batiks somehow - but I've yet to formalize any other details of the theme.

Pat H/SWquilter
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home