
This weekend - June 23 & 24 - are Best Friends' Weekend - ostensibly to honor our pets, but for the postcard swap I'm doing on the about.com quilting forum, we could do either pets or human friends. I was originally undecided about the direction my postcards would take, but I had a lot more digital photos of my cats than I did of my human friends, so that ultimately dictated the direction. There were only 3 people in the group on the forum - me, Hilda & Vickie, but I had several other friends who warranted a Best Friends card, so I wound up making 6. All of the cats pictured are mine, except for the second one down on the left - that's Frances, Hilda's cat, who looks so much like my own Cali, it's hard to tell them apart in the pictures. So needless to say, the second card down on the left is the one I sent to Hilda - and the postcard back shown at the very bottom has pictures of Hilda & I both on it. Since she and I were the only two humans that I had digital photos of, her card was the only one with a personalized back - the rest were more generic. The third card down on the left and the second card down on the right show Fanni (on the left) and Cali (on the right) playing with a replica of a mouse that Hilda made for them one time when she came to visit. It's kind of a joke, because at this house, only Cali is allowed to play with the toys, sit on the human's (that's me!) lap, etc. Fanni is the red-headed stepchild of pets in this family - according to Cali - "I" love them both! Fanni, I am sure, was thrilled to get to play with the mouse even just on a postcard - shortly after creating the cards, I found Cali in the hall laying on top of the mouse - asserting her alpha cat rights to it no doubt and warning Fanni to stay away! LOL! And I wanted two sweet little kittens who would cuddle up and sleep together - am I delusional, or what?!

Pat H/SWquilter
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home