Thursday, April 05, 2007

Jill's Comfort Quilt

Got an email today from Jill that she received her comfort quilt, so I wanted to post pictures for everyone to see. Thank you so much to everyone who provided blocks, and to Linda Puttman for quilting it, and to Kim D. (Kim, I'm going to embarrass myself here by not remembering your last name for sure - Diggins?) for making the label with her embroidery machine. I think it turned out great -- all our efforts coordinated beautifully!
This is the back of the quilt - thought some of those stars should carry over onto the back as back art!













And this is the label - we pirated the text of a label that Judy Akers designed for a previous comfort quilt because the sentiment was so nice!






Last Saturday was Sew Day in Arizona at Chris Hauser's house - it was an absolutely gorgeous, warm, sunny day and Chris and I sat outside working on binding - me on Jill's comfort quilt and Chris on a quilt she's making as a baby gift. Her dog, Gretel, kept making herself a bed on Jill's quilt. I know Jill is a dog lover so didn't figure she would mind - and I had to wash the quilt before sending it to her anyway, as any quilt that goes through my house can't escape a little cat hair. So Jill, your comfort quilt was providing comfort - to Gretel - even before you received it.

Thanks again to everyone for helping to make this project come together!

Pat H.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home