Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cuban flag quilt


This is a not very good picture of the Cuban flag quilt - before the single (thank God!) star was appliqued to the red field, before sandwiching and much basting and any quilting. The red field and white star have now been quilted and I was doing hanging diamond crosshatching on the stripes and borders - the Cuban flag is a triangular red field with one 5-pointed white star on it and 5 stripes - 3 blue, 2 white. The narrow red strip is an inner border with a wide blue border after that to give it enough width to cover the mattress on the sides of the bed. The crosshatching started off fine, but then began to pucker. I hate redoing anything - would "almost" just as soon start over - not really in this instance but I am having a terrible time getting motivated to do anything on it now. And I feel guilty that I haven't finished this project that I've been working on - for someone else I might add - for over a year, so I feel guilty about working on anything else. It's definitely cutting into my quilting time and I need to finish it up so I can move on to other projects.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

I think it would look fine with meandering in the blue and white stripes. If you haven't gotten the quilting picked out by the time I'm there for the retreat, I'll help you. I sooo know what you mean about being able to get it done so you can move on to other projects.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

yeah...I know about the 'obligation' guilt too...I have a quilt I am working on from fabrics when I was a kid that my mom wants me to finish...it weighs on my mind...and then there is the Wedding Quilt for my DS and new DDIL...I have the fabrics...I just gotta get to 'doing'...but there are so many things I WANNA do!!!

The flag quilt looks interesting though...hope you solve the quilting - any chance of using some quilt basting spray to keep it from moving around as much on you?

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home