Sunday, March 25, 2007

Stars in the Sky!

Okay, so they're only pinned on, but I'm out of energy tonight to tackle hand applique. But it's the effect I wanted - and if I get the row robin back in six months and decide I need more stars on my row, I may give Ami's suggestion of embroidering some with metallic thread a shot - or using a few judiciously placed crystals? But these stars give it the sparkle I wanted for now anyway. I attached the ground cover - in a straight line. I first tried the Ricky Tims' caveman method of gentle curves to attach the ground cover - in this instance it did not work! Maybe too many seams already in the upper portion of the row? Fortunately, I was able to trim off my curved attempt and just sew a straight row of ground cover on without compromising the scale of my piece too much. Whew! This took up a lot of my weekend, but I had nothing else going on and I had fun doing it!!

Pat H.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home