Thursday, August 16, 2007

Priority Alzheimer's Quilts for Ami Simms


Today I finished the beading and quilting on the luna moth on the left - I'm hand-quilting it because I started it on a trip up north last weekend when I had no sewing machine available and have just begun that process. Tonight I fused the luna moth on the right to the background for the second little quilt. The more vibrant colors in this particular moth work better on the darker abstract background I think. I had originally planned to do the luna moth on the left on the darker background which is on the right. But when I auditioned it last weekend, the lighter background seemed to be more the thing. I'm thinking that I will machine-quilt the new project as the process will be a bit faster. I'll still hand bead it and that will take me a fair amount of time. I'm still waffling on how to do the antenna/feelers/whatever you want to call them. They look almost like feathers, but I don't want to do something that might get messed up in transit, so haven't quite decided what to do about them yet. The other two of these batik backgrounds that I have to work with remind me more of landscapes, and I think that's going to be my game plan when I get to the point of working on them.

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home