Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Blue & White Double 4-Patch

These are my blocks from the blue & white double 4-patch swap on the about.com quilting forum - Fall 2007. Amy in Upstate New York posted some layouts that she had come up with for this block, and I fell in love with this very assymmetrical (sp?) layout - I think it will lend itself beautifully to crosshatching - once I finally actually sew the blocks together. I was at a quilting retreat over the weekend, and availed myself of the design wall in the sewing room to lay out the blocks so I could see how it was going to look. The first picture is exactly as Amy had drawn it out. But I still had extra blocks, so the 2nd picture is my attempt to enlarge the design to utilize all my blocks. The finished quilt will have one row of the predominantly blue blocks on the top and right side, two rows of the predominantly blue blocks on the left side and bottom. Of course, then I didn't have enough blocks and I'll have to make a few more to finish out my layout. I did make a few them over the weekend - finished the one predominantly white block that I need, and 4 of the 10 predominantly blue blocks that I still need. I really think this is going to be a great quilt when it's done!
Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger AmyB said...

Pat, your quilt looks fantastic! I love how you've expanded the layout idea -- can't wait to see it all finished :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Desi said...

Ooh! It looks so modern and yet relaxing. And I love that I can find my light blue guy in there!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home