Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quilts in Progress

We finished quilting the two tops I took with me to Hilda's on Sunday, so we spent Monday constructing more tops. Hopefully, Hilda will have time to get these quilted for Dr. Kaufman before her thumb surgery next Monday. Once that happens, she probably won't be able to quilt for a few weeks - loading the quilts would be difficult with a splint on her thumb, I think. I bought the fabric for these two tops on one of our retreats at Pines & Needles in Payson. A friend of Kim's uses the retreat facility as a venue for selling off some of her stash, and I bought the panel with the little seed packet pictures and about 4 yards of the fabric used in the outer border, as well as a package of 8 fat quarters that blended with the other fabrics. I made the first top, just adding one row of "logs" to each seed packet, then putting sashing and cornerstones around the blocks. Hilda pieced the second top, adding two rows of logs for a more log cabin kind of look. We found a piece of nice, wide butter yellow flannel in our backing stash - enough to do both quilts we hope, so that she can quilt the two tops in succession without having to reload the machine between. If she can get these done, that will be 8 tops to take to Dr. K.

Pat H/SWquilter


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home