Sunday, December 06, 2009

Another patriotic quilt for Dr. Kaufman

I made a quilt top like this previously to give to Dr. Kaufman but had enough leftover fabric to make another one. This top, from one of the "Can of Worms" books, is easy to piece - and I love how the red sashing and blue cornerstones really make the blocks pop. Seems like we're always short on quilts for teenagers, and particularly teenage boys. I think this one would work as will the top with the electric guitar border. I should have them on their way to Hilda in tomorrow's mail! I'm looking forward to getting my package of neutral noodles - white-on-whites and cream-on-creams - from the about. com swap I just participated in. It helps to have background noodles already cut and ready to go. I'm going to Hilda's for a long - 4 day weekend - over New Year's, so hopefully we can get some things quilted and do some more piecing, while having the pleasure of each other's company! We're a good pairing, since I love to piece and she prefers to quilt and bind (Ick! LOL! One of my least favorite parts of the quilting process, but you have to bind to finish so there. . . )

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

So pretty! I love the proportions of the sashing and how it extends into the border. The lucky kid who receives this quilt will love it!

You and Hilda make a great team and are accomplishing wonderful quilts for the kids. Kudos to both of you.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home