
These are the cats with whom I have to try to integrate the new kittens. They are both approximate 14 years old - Cali, the calico, is a couple of months older than Fanni, the tuxedo cat. Cali is a very one person cat and never wanted a sibling. I was the one who thought she needed company. I love both of them, so while they don't get along together, they're both here to stay. The look on Cali's face in the picture is most appropriate - disdain for all things not her idea! LOL! So far, she has studiously avoided acting like she is aware that there are any interlopers in the guest bathroom, although she has disappeared into the guestroom for long periods of time this weekend, which isn't normal. Fanni has been most curious about what is in there and tried to get in each time I opened the door. Since we checked out fine yesterday at the vet's for feline leukemia, this morning when I went in to take care of the littles - who are now

Fiona (the calico) and Lizzie (short for Lisbeth, the tortie) - I let Fanni come in to check them out. She stuck her nose in the door for a couple of minutes to get a good look at them, then took off. At least no fur flew! The vet says that technically both Fiona and Lizzie are calicos. Most people I know who have calicos say that theirs are very much one person cats, don't care much for the sibs, etc. Cali is definitely a prime example of that. With 3 calicos in the house, I hope I don't ultimately wind up with 4 armed camps! Here's hoping that Fiona and Lizzie continue to love each other and cuddle as they grow!
Pat H/SWquilter
1 Comments:
FWIW, my calico, Grace Hopper and her littermate, Johnny do seem to have a great relationship. I know from past experience of combining households and cats, that you cannot make cats become friends ... but I wouldn't give up on the idea just because of their coloring. Maybe you are the glue that will bring them all together and make them a family.
Post a Comment
<< Home