Sunday, August 08, 2010

Dru's Cabin - last weekend in July 2010

Had a lovely weekend in the pines with Dru, Becky and Caren. The top picture is Caren with the top she sweat blood over during the weekend - the stars were from a block swap, and as block swaps generally go, the stars weren't all the same size - to start, but by the time Caren finished with them they were pretty near perfect. She pressed, re-pressed, picked apart and resewed until they were lovely and flat. She has a beautiful autumn border fabric to add, but didn't bring the fabric with her she needed for the resting strip, so this was as far as she could take it during the weekend. Nice job, Caren!
And this is my friend Becky, holding up the quilt top I made over the weekend for her daughter Alyssa. Aly graduated from Colgate a year ago and has been teaching English in Kyoto, Japan for the last year. She's starting her second year of teaching. Long story short (maybe?!), I never got around to giving her a graduation gift and saw this quilt kit on sale from Connecting Threads - the fabric line is called Impressions of Kyoto, so I decided to make it for Alyssa for a belated graduation gift. I'm trying to work out the details for some back art that will give it more of an Asian flair - and plan to use the selvages from the Connecting Threads fabric line somehow in the label so she'll understand why I chose the kit for her to begin with! LOL!

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home