Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sadie Jeanne's quilt(s)

My original plan was to make a quilt for Sadie Jeanne. The quilt in the bottom picture is in the colors currently in her room. But Erin, her mom, wanted to work some additional colors into her room like those in the blabla doll that our friend gave Sadie as a welcome to the family gift.

http://www.blablakids.com/Online-Shopping/Classic-blablas/DOLL-Girl-Med-Coco

So the 9 patch pizzazz at the top was my first attempt to work the colors currently in her room and the colors from the doll together into something (please ignore the picture of me - it's terrible and should be the incentive I need to get on a diet and stick to it!). Okay, but didn't love it. And then I had that pile of fabrics that worked with the colors already in her room, and the Spa Quads pattern from Windham Fabrics was so cute, I just had to go ahead and make it. What the heck, the kid can use two quilts, right?! Then I decided that Coco Blabla Chanel Irvin (the doll) needed quilts too to coordinate with Sadie's quilts, so I just kept going. My friend Hilda has all the quilts now cause she's going to quilt them for me. Sadie should get the new stuff perhaps by early fall?!

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home