Sunday, May 02, 2010

J's graduation quilt

My niece, Jessica, graduates next Saturday from pharmacy school. She asked me for a graduation quilt made from some blocks I swapped on the about.com quilting forum several years ago - black backgrounds with batiks. I went to Bear Cabin Inn in Show Low for a long weekend and this is the top I pieced for her. It's queen-size and still needs two more borders, but the bulk of the brain teasing is done - for which I am extremely grateful! Took me a lot of reading and nap breaks to finally get these disparate blocks into a top for her. Ellen helped me finally get through the puzzle of sewing those last seams to make a completed top.

I love you, honey - and am so proud of your accomplishment!

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

You did a fantastic job putting together the puzzle. The composition of this quilt is great!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Pat, you did a wonderful job! It sure is beautiful! :)

5:30 AM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

That is so strikingly beautiful Pat. She is going to love it.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just wonderful. As hostess to that long running swap, I am so proud of you for getting it all together. Someday, I may get mine done!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Kim D. said...

That turned out so nice Pat. I need to get my blocks together.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home