Tuesday, December 29, 2009

From the Ellen Born Collection

Here are my first efforts with some of Ellen's donations. I squared up the cat blocks and sewed them together into rows. I want to lengthen the top a bit though, so I'll add narrow sashing I think, just between the rows. I believe we have some leftover 30s solids at Hilda's from some previous 30s cat blocks, so I will wait to sew the rows together til I get there. The bottom picture is a Precious Moments princess panel that Ellen gave us. I added a couple of Kaffe Fassett borders - narrow purple, wider blue of the same floral fabric. I have plenty of the purple left to make binding - and Ellen gave us a cute piece of a princess fabric that I think there is enough of to back the quilt. Thanks Ellen!

Pat H/SWquilter
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home