
I went out to Mesa on Saturday to sew with Judy Hamilton and finished putting borders on the tops we pieced tonight. The blocks were from a swap that Judy had done - and she had a lot of those orphans - 19 altogether I think - so we pieced two tops. I added borders, first to make them rectangular, then a border all around to enlarge them a bit. I think these will be great for teenage boys - the pinwheels had a more masculine look to them than a lot of my orphans seem to have. I've had a rash of donations of tops and orphan blocks, panels, etc. from others - Carolyn, Ellen, Becky, Karen and Judy to name a few - I hope I didn't forget anyone because we are really thrilled for all the donations we've received. I now have a pile of 9 tops to take with me to Hilda's over New Year's for our quilt-athon, and hope to get some more put together before I go. It really helps to have these "building materials" to start with, rather than having to begin the process from the very beginning. I love seeing what ideas I can come up with to complete the things you have all shared with us. I went to JoAnn's on Sunday and put their sale prices and my "20% off your total purchase coupon" to good use getting some border fabrics for some of the donated items. Thank you, thank you!
Pat H/SWquilter
2 Comments:
What great tops! Wow we're going to have to have lots of food ready so we can spend all our time finishing these over New Years. I'll be working on the food throughout this week!
What great tops Pat - they look so cozy.
Post a Comment
<< Home