Saturday, January 09, 2010

And from my own collection. . .

This first top was a UFO of my own - a square piece that I was never really sure how I would use it. Judy and Hilda made it into a top when Judy was visiting Hilda - lengthened it with the yellow, then added the outer border. Hilda did some fancy quilting on it, which doesn't show at all in my pictures. The back is a yellow batik that picked up the colors in the top perfectly.

The next top is one I put together using up some more of the leftovers from all those cowboy 9-patch pizzazz quilts I pieced. Hilda had one more of the cow panels, and I still have some fabric left, so I'll probably try to eke (sp?) out one more to from those fabrics. I way over bought when I was at Hancock's in Paducah, but I think I've managed to make good use of the fabric. The backing is a red & green plaid homespun that Hilda had on hand - I made my mom a quilt out of homespun squares and backed it with homespun. It was the softest, most drape-y quilt I think I've ever made, and I loved the feel of it.

Pat H/SWquilter


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home