
I have two cats. They don't like each other and they've been together for at least 13 years, so I don't think they will EVER like each other. This is kind of a long story, no way to make it short - so if time is of the essence for you, you may want to bail out now! Consider yourself forewarned. The secretary to my boss' partner gets a picture of 3 kittens sent to her phone this morning from her husband. Todd is a manager at Big Lots, and he was at work early with a crew to unload a truck that came in from California. As they are unloading the truck, one of the boxes moved. Eeek! Todd said they have opened boxes before with rats in them, so immediately the crew is concerned. The tape on the box doesn't appear to have been tampered with since it was packed for shipping? One of the guys slit the tape with his box cutter - and out pops the head of the kitten on the left in the first picture of the two of them eating. They found 3 kittens in the box, no mother???? What happened? The Big Lots employees got some canned cat food and thinned it down with water - fortunately the kittens were apparently old enough to be able to eat on their own, but they're really

little and may only be 6-7 weeks old? Once the kitties were fed, the Big Lots employees started looking for a home for them or a shelter to take them. They found someone to take the tuxedo kitten - no pic here. All the shelters wanted money - $50 for the Humane Society, $35 a month for the no-kill shelter until the kids were adopted. Big Lots wasn't going to front the $$ and no one stepped up to take these two kittens. The paralegal I work for had to have one of her cats put down a few months ago, so Tricia started lobbying her to take one or both of them. I thought she was wearing Evelyn (the paralegal) down, and I go into her office to give her something I had been working on - next thing I know is "I'll take one of them if you'll take the other, but I have to go to a play tonight and a birthday party tomorrow afternoon, so I can't get it from you til tomorrow night" (I think she is leaving the country!). To be honest, I already can't stand the thought of the trauma these kittens must have gone through and to send them to a shelter where they might be killed? So I signed on. In theory, only one of these kittens will be mine? I made an appointment to take them

to my vet tomorrow afternoon to be sure they're healthy, get their shots, etc. Right now they're residing in my guest bathroom - they've eaten a huge meal which they walked right into and had all over their faces, ears and paws. Hopefully they have the cleaning each other up thing down by now! We don't know yet if they get the litter box yet, but I hope so. In theory, Evelyn will pick one of them up tomorrow evening, and I'll keep the other. In theory, my two cats, despite the fact that they don't like each other, will like or at least tolerate this bit of fluff. The pictures aren't great cause I was trying to hold them and point and shoot at the same time. The picture of them eating together is most accurate colorwise. The single shot of the calico isn't bad, the tortie is washed out by the flash, it's really much darker in color. Time will tell. But kittens sure are cute!
Pat H/SWquilter
1 Comments:
Oh, they're precious! I had a tortie years ago named Yazzi. She was the most awesomest cat ever, so smart and sweet!
My guess from the pictures is about 5 weeks, but the vet will give you an idea, I'm sure. I hope they get a clean bill of health :)
Post a Comment
<< Home