Day 1 - Batik Stash Organization
Hilda came over today and we started on organization of my batik stash in the sewing room. Several hours, not quite 200 comic book boards and about 7+ boxes of batiks later, this is where we're at. After she left, I put about 2/3 of another box onto comic book boards and added them to the collection. It's pretty easy to fold 1 and 2 yard lengths onto a board. I left the bigger pieces in the last box for the next time she's here to help - we got quite a rhythm going on folding the long lengths onto boards. Had a minor moment of chaos toward the end of the afternoon. Fiona was resting on the cutting table, and the ironing board fell over into the table. She freaked and took off, managing to use the back of my right hand and my right forearm for traction. So I've got a couple of puncture wounds. Put a crimp in my day - and probably Fiona's as well?! The top shelf has smaller pieces of batik - half yard and smaller. Still have at least this many more to go. It's great to have them out where I can actually see what I've got, what goes with what, etc.
Pat H/SWquilter
: Quilting
1 Comments:
Sorry to hear about your arm. Fiona did what cats do........freak out and you arm took the brunt.
Your stash looks very inviting and hopefully you will be able to shop that stash and have many hours of happy piecing and quilting ahead.
Post a Comment
<< Home