Saturday, May 24, 2014

String quilt for Iris

 My friend, Iris, asked me if I would make her a full-size quilt for her bed.  Luckily, I had a full-size string-pieced quilt top waiting to be quilted - and she liked it.  Forgot to take a picture of it the other day when Hilda was here, so I had to just lay it across the guest bed and take a picture that way.  The guest bed is queen-size and the string quilt is only full-size, so you're seeing the edge of the quilt I use on that bed hanging out below the string quilt.  I pieced these blocks at a long ago quilters' retreat in Globe, AZ with Phoenix Area Quilters' Association.  If you look VERY closely at the last picture, you might pick up the detail of the panto that Hilda used to quilt it - a Zia sun panto that I bought, from Dave Hudson, I think.  On the other hand, maybe not - it doesn't look really clear to me.  I love the way this turned out.  Hope she likes it!  I put it in the mail to her today, so she should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Pat H/SWquilter


1 Comments:

Blogger Sewing Up A Storm said...

I love string quilts and want to make another one soon. I think it looks great on the bed. I bet Iris will love it when it arrives. I like the brown tones and earthy colors you used.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home