
Went with friends today to the Estrella Mountain Quilters' and The Rug Hooking Club's Quilt and Rug Show. I didn't take a lot of pictures, but thought I would share the few I did take. There were others that were pretty , but these caught my eye for one reason or another. This one said it was a "Tonga Treats" block of the month pattern - so was the whole thing made with the Tonga Treats fabric packages? I'm mostly familiar with their 2 1/2" strip packages, but maybe there are other sizes? Or maybe 2 1/2" strips are all that's needed for this quilt? Going to have to research the website.

I'm a fan of 9-patch pizzazz quilts for something quick and easy, but have never done one on-point before. This one used Asian fabrics and was really beautiful.

This was a Christmas quilt - I mostly liked that it appeared complex enough, but when broken down into components seemed easy enough to piece.

Finally, saw this little Asian applique in the last casita I visited (the show was held in the model homes for a gated community way out on the west side of the Valley. It looked like a persimmon tree to me, but the pattern is called Chinese lanterns. After the show, we stopped at a fabric shop that I spied on our way to the show, and lo and behold, the woman who owned the shop made this quilt and had the kit for sale! Not being a devotee of the "A" word myself, but really liking the look of this quilt, I was able to steer my friend Becky to the kit- she does do the "A" word, and her daughter is teaching English in Kyoto right now, so she wanted to make it for Alyssa! I love spending other people's money!! LOL!
Pat H/SWquilter
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home