Eclipse!
My friend Hilda quilted and bound the new Eclipse quilt for my bed for me. I picked it up today, brought home with me and washed & dried it. Here is a picture of it as Dale and I held it up this afternoon and Hilda photographed it, as well as a picture of it on my bed after it was washed and dried. I'm afraid my duvet cover and shams aren't quite the right color for the new quilt - wondering if I can over-dye them somehow to make them a better match?! I really like the duvet and shams, but they're a little too true blue and the quilt is more of a greenish blue. Anyway, it's done - and the first time I've had a new quilt for one of my own beds in a long time. Although I do have a plan for the guest room bed too, in the near future I hope!
Pat H/SWquilter
: Quilting
3 Comments:
If the duvet and shams are 100% cotton, I think you could easily over dye them something DARKER (maybe the dark color from the border of your beautiful new quilt?
It looks beautiful. Hopefully you can figure out your other fabrics and can dye them to make them work.........orange and blue make brown and might give some nice orange undertones to your white in the blue fabrics.
I'm pretty sure that the duvet and shams are 100% cotton - I'll have to check that out (hope I didn't cut off all the tags when I started using them!).
Post a Comment
<< Home