
Got home this evening from a day sewing with friends, and there was a message from Bernina Connection that my new bobbin case is in -- so tomorrow I can pick that up on my lunch hour or after work since it's Tuesday and they're open late. Then I can begin to play with bobbin tension to see if I can resolve the puckering problem on my thread tree trunk -- sooner or later I have got to get to the final background for this piece if I hope to have it done anywhere near the deadline. The thread tree trunk is meant to be a showcase for some glass leaf beads I found at the Bead Museum Store so I'm going to have to have some time for the beading - although that's something I can take along with me to work and do during my lunch hours. So far I still haven't attempted the over-dye on the sky fabric I plan to use either -- whoever said that procrastination is their first, middle and/or last name - you have a lot of company there!
3 Comments:
Yeah! Your new bobbin case is in! I love new gadgets!
I just looked at your first post on the trees and saw that you had tension problems- puckering- with fabric and batting. I think that you are right about toying with the bobbin tension. I just did some machine embroidery with one layer of fabric and batting and it came out with no puckers. Of course, I didn't stitch as heavily as you. Have fun with your new bobbin case and let us know how it goes!
I like your picture in this entry. What is it? (bowl?)
Post a Comment
<< Home