Ricky Tims Quilt Seminar
This was my first artist date for this week -- two day Quilt Seminar with Ricky Tims. Two full days of lecture on all the techniques he uses in his quilt. I had a wonderful time, learned a lot, and can't wait to try out some of the techniques - he really made things look easy, a prerequisite for me! I took several pictures of quilts he brought to display, but don't know how to post more than one picture per blog entry at this point - if one of you can walk me through that, I'll post more pictures at one time. If not, I'll have to put them in one at a time as I post entries. I felt like this was a perfect artist date for this Artist Way journey -- he is very talented, not only as a quilter, but also musically. The concert he gave for us on Friday night was great -- the music was wonderful, but he also shared a lot about his life and was quite funny. He spent a lot of time during the two days encouraging us to be creative, not just wanting to impress us with how creative he is. This morning he had a brief show & tell and asked anyone in the seminar who had taken a class from him or made a quilt based on his Convergence book to bring their project with them today and share it with the rest of us. I'm anxious to get started sewing and test out some of the stuff I learned - but have some "must-do" sewing projects that I have to take care of right away - Darn! Tomorrow morning, I'm going to head down to the Pueblo Grande Indian Market for my second artist date this weekend -- I'm hoping to do more looking than buying tomorrow!! This was a quote Ricky shared with us today:"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau
: Quilting
4 Comments:
Oh, Pat, what a wonderful picture! (And one is all you can put in at a time--that's why I post them to Webshots and use a link, if I want to put a bunch in one post.) Thank you for sharing your experience. I look forward to the installments.
What a great Artist Date.
I put multiple pictures into my messages ... maybe it's becausse I upload them to the web space on my ISP first and then use the URL option to into them in my messages.
However you add the images, I can't wait to see them.
Whee!!! What fun, fun, fun...I have a seminar with Ricky Timms on my wishlist...one of these days I hope to see him!
Great picture! Sounds like a fabulous time.
Post a Comment
<< Home