Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday evening, 11/17

Tonight I went to GoodWill for my artist's date -- wandered around the store for an hour or more, just poking through the racks and seeing what I could find. My only purchase was a full size top sheet -- Indonesian cotton in a very soft pink, muted print of either irises or orchids, I'm not sure which. Since I machine quilt most of my quilts, this will likely wind up being the back of a quilt one of these days. The fabric had almost a brushed feeling to it, very calming color and pattern - and at $3.99, it didn't break the $5 artist's date budget!

After that I came home and decided to play around and see if I could download some free stock photos to Picasa. Managed to download 4 or 5 pictures, although I thought I had done more than that, so not sure what happened there. At any rate, I really liked this fall leaf pic -- fall is just arriving here, so I'm quite in the mood for autumn colors. I plan to get out and take a walk somewhere this weekend -- maybe I 'll see more leaves turning colors! Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

Look at you, blog poster, and with photos no less! You're doing good! One thing I've learned from years of thrift store shopping...go often and don't have expectations of finding something. Be open to seeing things you weren't looking for and buying things you like when you find them, or you'll surely experience regret. I can't practice the going often here in Tucumcari, because we're too far from anything, but I make up for it when I hit the big cities! ;-)

5:05 AM  
Blogger sophie said...

I love the detail in that leaf photo and I'm more than envious that Fall is "just arriving" there. Here, the leaves are gone and the ground is still lightly covered with snow ... oh yeah, the temps are in the 20s ...

9:41 AM  
Blogger Pat/SWquilter said...

Hilda - I'll keep the frequency of visits thing in mind -- I really didn't have any expectations the other night, just wasn't inspired - perhaps it was the going after work issue, my brain was already drained when I got to GoodWill. Next time I'm hitting the one we went to on 19th Ave. & Thunderbird instead though.

Sophie - Isn't that leaf gorgeous? And it has reminded me that somewhere in my hidden stash I believe there is a piece of fabric with a deep purple background and yellow & rust autumn leaves! Reorganizing my stash keeps floating around in my head, more and more - it will be a huge job, since I have a lot of stash and it's not very well organized right now. Something to think about. . .

Gemia - I had a good time wandering around the thrift store -- and wonder what a thrift store in Australia would be like! Could be fun. I also think an antique shop could be a great place to fill the well.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Debra Dixon said...

I love the idea of using the stocl photos. They add some color and interest until the CAMERA ARRIVES!!! yes!!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home