Saturday, November 12, 2005

Friday, November 11, 2005

Hilda and I spent the day dyeing fabric. We still have one group of parfait dyes in the dryer, but we had a wonderful day doing this. Several rounds of gradation dyes, 4 jars of parfait dyes, and a mud bucket. I'm always so excited to see the results and usually love even the muddy colors. I also have a picture of me and one of my little (not so!) Fanni to post -- Hilda brought her digital camera, so she took some pictures and downloaded them for me - and we just played with my scanner to see how it works. I'm no computer whiz, so I don't have any clue how all this equipment works. We've really had a lot of fun -- I think we can call the last few days filling the well, artist's date(s). I don't want to take her back to Dale tomorrow!

Pat Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

Okay, I'll just stay! ;-) It's sure been fun playing. I'm watching what I say carefully anymore. Remember I said at the AZ retreat...why would you want to dye fabric since there is plenty already dyed fabric to buy! I prefer scones and lemon curd to eating my own words.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Debra Dixon said...

I know how you feel. I had to choke back a tear when it was time for Rian to catch her bus out of the quilt show. There's nothing like having a kindred spirit around.

Love your pictures.

Let me know if you want to use your picture for your profile and I can help you (if Hilda can't) and I think you should put a digital on your Christmas list. The prices are really dropping.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home