Wallhangings for my nieces for Christmas




Finished these up yesterday and have to get them Fed Exed to Illinois today. Three of my nieces are in college and I thought they could use these in their rooms at school - they share an apartment, but fortunately each has her own bedroom, so they won't have to hang them all together in one room, unless they choose to do that. The other niece graduated from college and has her own place. When I was piecing the backs, I pulled a large enough scrap of batting to do three more backgrounds for this type of wallhanging, so I'm not done with the technique yet!
: Quilting
9 Comments:
Looks like you're mastering posting pictures! I love all the flowers, and now you've made me add yet another thing to my overflowing list of wanna dos!
These lovely flowers have a restful yet lively quality about them. In our large family, the practice of giving gifts that are similar but of different color has been used often. Satisfies everyone.
I think they would be great hung together. However they choose to use them, I'm sure they're going to love these flowers.
Oh Pat, these are wonderful!
I love the flowers Pat. Your nieces will enjoy them.
these are bright little pieces. love them.
Pat - these are wonderful!!
Pat,
Those Christmas wall hangings are just stunning. I just went to the Ricky Tims Super Seminar last weekend and I was converted. I bet that your nieces love these floral beauties. Thanks so much for sharing.
Thanks Ramona! I attended the Ricky Tims super seminar in December 2005 - wonderful experience wasn't it? I took his first class on his Rhapsody quilts last fall - not a technique that I necessarily think I'll ever do, but I loved taking the class - he is so much fun!
Pat H.
Post a Comment
<< Home