American Quilter's Society Quilt Show in ABQ, January 2015
This is the first time the AQS show has been held in Albuquerque. Hilda and I took an all-day class from Terry Waldron on Thursday. Turned out to be more hand applique that I would have wanted, but I did have fun with it. Not sure if I'll ever finish the quilt - or if I do, how small it will be (smaller than Terry's I'm sure and it was a wall quilt).
The top picture is one of the prize winners from the show. I really liked it. All of those little circles appeared to be hand-appliqued?! Eeekk!
Hilda and I both really liked this African Star quilt. I thought it was striking - and yet the technique was simple enough that anyone could try it. And I'm always attracted to things that are more asymmetrical.
This quilt was really beautiful - rust-dyed fabric combined with beautiful quilting - again a quilt that looked like anyone could attempt it.
Lindsay, Hilda's daughter, went to the show with us. All 3 of us loved this Pacific Northwest design appliqued quilt. Red, white and black is always a striking color combination, I think, and these appliqued designs were beautifully done.
There was lots more eye candy at the show, but I didn't take all that many pictures. The show will be in ABQ again in 2 years - 2017. Fun! I hope to go again.
Pat H/SWquilter
: Quilting
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home