Monday, January 05, 2015

Comfort Quilt

My niece Melissa's mother-in-law - who is a relatively new friend of mine - fell just before Christmas and broke the femur on one leg and either the ankle or some bones in her foot on the other leg.  Needless to say, she can't put any weight on either leg for about 6 weeks.  I've seen her Facebook posts and she seems to be pretty down - who wouldn't be? - so I thought she needed a quilt.   Hilda had this top I made in her queue of things to be quilted, so we got together last week and she quilted and bound it for me.  I think it was a mystery quilt top from some time ago, which I then added a fairly wide border to so that it would be a reasonable size - large lap?  Twin?  Anyway, I hope it brightens her day and keeps her company while she's confined to a wheelchair.

Pat H/SWquilter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home