Saturday, June 15, 2013

Casa Estancia

 I retired about 6 weeks ago, and I love, love, love it!  My game plan to remodel an older home in New Mexico, however, took an abrupt turn when the estimate to remodel the studio alone came in at a MUCH higher price than I had anticipated.  I decided to scrap that idea and use some of the remodel money as a down payment on a house that would be ready to move into much more easily -

and quickly.  This is Casa Estancia, my soon-to-be new home.  The house is new construction, built using a lot of green technology - walls are 8" thick concrete and steel panels, metal roof, etc.  The seller halted construction before texturing and painting the walls, adding flooring and appliances - all features I'm happy to be able to choose for myself anyway.  So I need to find someone to texture and paint the walls for me, install flooring and then get appliances purchased and installed.  A little landscaping with the assistance of my friend, Sandy, and this will be my new home sweet home.  Unfortunately, interior photographs never seem to do justice to the space, but I included a few anyway.  Look at that beautiful New
Mexico sky - blue, blue sky with puffy white clouds.  No wonder I've always thought New Mexico has the most beautiful skies I've ever seen!  The move can't come soon enough, but the finishing details must be dealt with first!

Pat H/SWquilter

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

What exciting news. Having lived in the very old little, very small, adobe casita last summer and now, in a newer faux adobe house, I completely understand the differences. I hope you'll be very happy in your new Casa.

7:00 AM  
Blogger SandyQuilts said...

Hi Pat ... your new home looks great. Hope you are able to sell the other home .... renovations always seem to cost more. Oh and Happy Retirement.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home