Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sanctuary Garden

 Sandy came over today and we started work on the landscaping for the backyard.  Native grasses, lavender,  red yucca - lots of drought tolerant, xeriscape plantings.  Also pictures of my rain barrels - everything seems to like rain water better than Estancia water, so I figured I might as well be capturing it since we've had more rain this summer than we did last.  I picked up the metal cacti and javelina (if you look closely in the first and second pictures, you will see her) at a nursery in Phoenix before I moved to NM.  Found the metal Deer Shaman at the flea market in Santa Fe.  It's going to be a long process, but we have a start!  The picture of the front patio shows the two barn wood benches that we chalk painted in a lovely dusty turquoise color called Dancing Slipper.  I finished polyurethaning them today so they would be a bit more weather resistant.  Sandy painted the chair for me as a birthday/Christmas gift.  I wish I had talent for that kind of thing.

PatH/SWquilter



1 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

It's all looking really good!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home